month's question - Summer 2007
Q: Hi Greg,
I'm interested in using your service for my remote development team, but I also need a dedicated server where I can test my code before deploying to the production server. Can you provide one for us? --K.V.
A: Yes, we can easily create a VMware virtual machine for your development and testing efforts. This is the most economical way to provision a server that won't be heavily used. From the outside world, the virtual machine appears just like a standard "hard server".
Our VM specifications include:
- Hosted on Dell 2950 servers with Intel Xeon processors
- Up to 2 Gb RAM per VM
- Persistent disk space allocated to your VM
- Inclusion in the SourceHosting.net monitoring pool with configurable alerts
- Full administrative access
- Software application installation permitted
- Your choice of Linux, FreeBSD, or Windows Server 2003 (extra monthly fee applies)
We can build a virtual server to your exact specifications, so contact us today with your requirements. We'll provide a quote to you and all the assistance you need to integrate it into your release process.
Ask the Source is a regular feature of the SourceHosting.net
email newsletter, SourceHosting.news.
Do you have
for The Source? Submit
one today, and we'll
review it for inclusion in a future edition of SourceHosting.news!
For a complete list of all "Ask The Source"
questions and answers, please visit the archives